The cupcake trend has been around for a couple of years now, but here a couple of fun tips to play with if you are considering having them at your wedding.
- Display them in a tower. This provides you with the height and general shape of a wedding cake and will add drama to your cupcake table.
- Use a little color coordinated ribbon to decorate your cupcake stand.
- Ask your baker to make you a “cutting cake”. The cake cutting tradition is charming and so photographic. Just before the cutting, have the banquet captain or your wedding planner transfer the cutting cake from the top of the cupcake tower onto a plate. This will keep your from stretching and possibly getting your party clothes in the frosting.
- Two words: Cupcake Liners! There are so many amazing cupcake papers available now. Bakers use to be limited to the basic white, but now there are tons of fun options that can incorporate your wedding theme.
- Consider your cupcake flavors. How will your guests know what they are getting? Ask your stationer to create a menu card to frame for the table or small tags that will identify each flavor. Ask your baker for suggestions too. White cake with strawberry buttercream? Add a fresh berry to the top. Chocolate cake filled with raspberry jam? A fresh raspberry would be the perfect garnish.
About Sugar and Spice and…
Sugar and Spice and… creates desserts as unique and special as you and your event. They believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.