Happy Friday, Real Weddings readers! Just a friendly reminder that Brides Against Breast Cancer and it’s Nationwide Tour of Gowns is making a tour stop in Sacramento THIS Sunday, July 26th, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento! Will you be there?
Brides will have the opportunity to search through hundreds of new or gently worn bridal dresses, find their dream gown at a greatly reduced cost and make a difference! The organization and its gown sales fund programs and services that are free to cancer patients and their families.
Stop by this awesome event for your FREE copy of Real Weddings Magazine and our planning resource, Real Weddings Magazine’s The Planning Guide! Plus, enter to win $100 in bridal goodies from our booth at this show! And, the first 75 brides-to-be will receive a fab swag bag!
Here are the details:
When: Sunday, July 26, 2015
Time: VIP Event from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. General Admission from 2-5 p.m.
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento at 2001 Point West Way in Sacramento.
Cost: Admission for the VIP event is $20. General admission is $5. Purchase tickets online HERE.
About: Each year, Brides Against Breast Cancer takes its Nationwide Tour of Gowns events to over 150 cities hosting weekend bridal shows, selling gowns and accessories in all styles, sizes and price ranges and showcasing area vendors. Discounted gown prices average around $600 and range from $75 to more than $1,800. About 80% of the proceeds from the Nationwide Tour of Gowns – more than $1 million annually – support free educational programs for cancer patients and their caregivers through healthsupportnetwork.org.
“The pop-up wedding gown sales and bridal shows are an important fundraising program for Brides Against Breast Cancer. Our organization makes it possible for future brides around the country to purchase wedding gowns at dramatic savings, and help people through a difficult time in their lives, their cancer journey,” said Amy Paulishak, Senior Vice President, Brides Against Breast Cancer, part of The Health Support Network, Inc.
Here’s how you can help:
- If you have already said “I Do,” donate your newer gown or bridal accessories for a tax deduction
- Volunteer at one of their gown shows or make a donation to Give Hope today!
- Go online to bridesabc.org to register to attend a show and learn more
For more information, log on to bridesabc.org.
Be sure to tell them you found out about the event from Real Weddings Magazine!
Hope to see you there!
Photos courtesy of and copyright Brides Against Breast Cancer.
BRIDAL SHOW TIPS!
Before you head out to the area’s bridal shows, check out this handy little list of tips to make the most of the experience:
- Create a “wedding” only email— you’ll want to have a specific email address just for your wedding business. You’ll be getting a lot of information sent to the email that you register with at bridal shows, so it’s nice to have it all in one place separate from your work and/or personal email.
- Don’t go it alone—bring a bridesmaid, your mom or a friend (or dare we suggest, your fiancé?). It will be helpful (and more fun!) to have their input and advice.
- Bring labels—many vendors offer prizes and contests, and additionally, you may want to request more information from selected vendors. By bringing pre-printed labels, you will save time and the hassle of having to complete this information booth after booth. Information that you might want to include: your name, address, phone, email, fiancé’s name and when you’re getting married.
- Bring a notebook—no matter how good your memory is, you’ll want to take some notes on vendors and ideas that catch your eye.
- Bring a sturdy tote bag—you’ll be picking up business cards, brochures, etc. Or, come to the shows where Real Weddings Magazine will be and we’ll give you one of our groovy reusable bags!
Blog post by Real Weddings Magazine’s Social Media Maven, Aimee Carroll.
Subscribe to the Real Weddings Magazine Blog! Click here: