It’s not unusual for a bride and groom to be excited to say “I Do,” but for Taryn and Mike, the excitement was palpable. Taryn’s mother walked down the aisle and gave Mike a note from the bride that read, “Can’t wait to marry you.” Mike felt the same way about his bride, who walked down the aisle to “A Thousand Years” by Piano Guys. “My emotions were all over the place; it was the greatest feeling in the world,” he says. “I finally got to do this. It was the greatest day ever.”
The couple has been together since they met when Taryn’s best friend (who is married to Mike’s best friend) hosted a barbecue. The two chatted at the party and the next day made plans for a first date. Many dates followed and a year later—in the moonlight near the I Street Bridge—Michael proposed. During a nine-month engagement, they planned a courtyard ceremony and reception in front of 140 guests at Vizcaya Pavilion in Sacramento.
The couple’s color theme of blue, the groom’s favorite hue, was incorporated into many parts of the wedding—from the bride’s bouquet and the champagne glasses to the groom’s attire and up lighting. Their five-tier cake also had a royal blue ribbon design. For a bit of fun, they honored Mike’s love for the sport of rock crawling, which meant adding a 3D version of Mike’s Toyota truck rock crawler climbing up the side of the cake.
Taryn also used fleur-de-lis designs throughout the wedding, including custom fleur-de-lis on her ceremony and reception shoes. For favors, the couple gave guests fleur-de-lis-shaped bottle openers.
Seeing all of the wedding details came together really impressed Mike. “Talking about our vision and actually seeing it executed perfectly [amazed me] and [made me] so, so happy,” he says.
“It was amazing to finally see, after months and months of planning, our vision as I walked down the aisle.” ― Taryn
Taryn & Mike's Wedding Resources
"A Mother’s Song" by T Carter
"I'm Your Angel" by R. Kelly & Celine Dion
"Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies
“Because of You” by Celine Dion (the Anniversary Song; the last married couple standing received the maid of honor’s floral bouquet).
Five-tier yellow cake with buttercream frosting & fondant; filling was cheesecake with fresh strawberries:
- Two of the tiers had scroll design in royal blue.
- Two tiers were in a quilt design with edible pearls and rhinestones. Center tier had a 4” Crystal beaded fleur de lis.
- Top tier was topped with a bedazzled letter ‘S’ with Crystal beads & Royal Blue jewels by Toppers with Glitz.
All flowers, corsages & boutonnieres provided by Embellish Floral Design:
- Bridal bouquet- hand-tied bouquet of white, ivory & dark blue blooms. Round in shape, flowers included roses, lisianthus, delphinium, dahlia & dendrobium orchids. Stem wrapped with ivory satin ribbon with a fleur de lis brooch pinned to satin ribbon. Ten (10) brooches incorporated into the bouquet in varies sizes, crystals and royal blue stones.
- Maid of Honor: smaller version of bride’s bouquet without the brooches.
- Groom: Boutonniere white spray Rose & orchid bloom accented with a little green.
- Additional boutonniere: same as grooms without the orchid bloom.
- Ring bearer: Tiny white spray Rose bloom.
- Corsages (6 total Mothers and Grandmothers): Small wristlet corsages of white spray roses & orchid blooms with royal blue ribbon.
- Flower girl: Pomander of white flowers with blue accents & royal blue ribbon.
- Reception tables: All center pieces, napkins & cake table cloth provided by Embellish Floral Design:
- Seven tall centerpieces 24” tall silver trumpet vase with same white & blue flowers (used in bridal bouquet) with some greenery for texture, crystal jewels hung from the flowers.
- Ten low mercury glass vases for rest of tables, same flowers used as in the tall vases without the jewels hanging.
- Fleur de lis shaped bottle opener with personalized ribbon tied to each with 'Taryn & Mike" and the wedding date in Marine blue. These were placed on each napkin (centered).
- Also, Bamboo wooded fans personalized with Royal blue ribbon tied to each with a silver engraved charm either with ‘Love’ or ‘To love and to cherish’.
- All my vendors were excellent, professional. They all worked together to make sure the time lines were executed on time and according to written instructions by the mother of bride.
- I would like to give a special SHOUT OUT to Lori Mabake!! She was amazing and very much hands-on; she was professional keeping on schedule and making sure we captured all the group/individual pictures that were on list of ‘must have’. She made sure that the bride and groom enjoyed the day, and took her time in setting up poses to make sure the lighting and the background were flattering to the bride and groom.
- Overall it was THE BEST DAY EVER!!!
- Slow down, take it all in, and embrace the day; it goes by so fast.
- Also, stay on budget; your wedding cost can get out of control and you don’t need the added stress.
NOTHING, my mom did a wonderful job for us. She put in long hours researching, driving, shopping to make sure we had the perfect wedding.