We’ve got some more great advice from Michael Anderson, Wedding Entertainment Director™ at Creative Memories Entertainment.
We think Mike’s got some pretty fantastic answers on wedding entertainment…so, Mike, how does a couple find the perfect DJ?
“This is a common question, and I would guess that 90% of brides think to themselves ‘Ok, what am I supposed to ask? I know, how much do you charge?’ Although this is an important question, it may be more important to ask, ‘Are you available for my wedding date?’ Let’s face it, regardless of how cheap or expensive a service is, you are not going to want to book them unless they are going to provide you with the experience and service you want for one of the most important days of your lives.
Below are some great questions to ask to get the ball rolling and find out if the service is right for you.
1. How many years of experience do you have in weddings, and how many weddings do you perform at each year?
2. What will you do to ensure I will have a good time at my wedding?
3. What are some of the unique things you have done in the past for your clients to make their day extra special?
4. Will I get to meet my DJ before I sign a contract and will his name be listed on the contract?
5. Do you have any references of past clients and other wedding professionals who have worked with you?
6. When can we meet to find out more about what you can do for my wedding?
Please keep in mind that you can only learn so much on the phone about a particular company or DJ. It is so important to take the time to meet the DJ in person to make sure their personality, service, and creativity will be a perfect accent to your wedding celebration.”
Stay tuned to Real Weddings Magazine for more guest bloggers with expert tips!
Blog Post by Always a Bridesmaid Columnist Darren Elms.
Photo courtesy of Mike Anderson, Creative Memories Entertainment.