We asked our friends over at All Dolled Up for some tips on creating the perfect wedding look and we love their advice!
Their team can create any look a bride desires, but the looks they enjoy the most are the ones that help brides stay true to themselves. They say that your wedding day look should be the best you, which may or not be a current trend. Go for whatever makes you feel most like yourself and most beautiful.
For example, if full, bold lips are gracing the pages of your favorite magazine, but you wouldn’t dream of applying a red lip for date night, your wedding day is not a time to test it out.
Same goes for hair. If long, loose curls are your signature, a top knot is probably not the best option for your wedding day, no matter how trendy or gorgeous it might be.
Communicate with your beauty team to achieve a look that is going to reflect the very best version of you!
Here are some questions a bride should ask herself and go over with her dream team to get to the final look:
- What does the dress look like?
- Where is the venue?
- What is the overall vibe of the big day?
- Will you be tearing up the dance floor?
- What color are the bridesmaids wearing?
- What color is your bouquet?
- What time is the ceremony at?
- What is your everyday makeup routine?
- What are some of your biggest beauty dilemmas?
- What do you hope to achieve with your look?
- What are your biggest concerns when it comes to hair and makeup on the big day?
“The most helpful in all of this that a bride can provide is honesty, clarity and have fun engaging in the process.”
For inspiration and more information about All Dolled Up log on to, alldolleduphairandmakeup.com, or call 530-888-1562. And, make sure to like All Dolled Up on Facebook, facebook.com/AllDolledUpHairAndMakeupArtistry.
Tune into the Real Weddings Blog for more awesome tips and tricks !
Photos courtesy of All Dolled Up. Please see above photos for credits.
Blog post by Real Weddings Magazine’s writer, Kelley Saia.
Subscribe to the Real Weddings Magazine Blog! Click here: