- Carrot cake…in the shape of a carrot! Get Out Of Town! This is probably the funniest cake I made all year. We were going for realism, but, even before I made it, the idea alone made me giggle!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly…this has taken several forms. The PB&J Sandwich: white cake layered with peanut butter buttercream and strawberry jam. Not your Mom’s PB&J, but it’s pretty dang tasty and your guests are going to laugh when they hear the flavor!
- S’mores…as cake! Chocolate Cake with graham crackers baked in and topped with marshmallow fluff. Yes, I have had clients who don’t like frosting. This is a great option and just before serving the tops of the marshmallow can be burned so you get that fresh from the campfire feeling.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies…nope, not the Toll House variety. This one is made with white cake that has mini chocolate chips baked into it, and then it’s filled and frosted with a brown sugar buttercream. I’m telling you, that buttercream tastes just like cookie dough…totally irresistible.
- Malted Milkshake…who says that malted milk balls have to stay on the candy station? This cake is made up of alternating layers of vanilla cake and chocolate ganache, and then is frosted with malted buttercream and decorated with crushed malt balls. An easy wedding translation would be to bake the malt balls into the cake or to nestle the pieces into the ganache. Either way… YUM!
Ok, love these ideas Carissa!!! How fun!
About Sugar and Spice and…
Sugar and Spice and… creates desserts as unique and special as you and your event. They believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.
Be sure to check out Sugar and Spice and…’s Web site: http://www.sugarandspice.me/ and Carissa’s blog: http://sugarandspiceand.blogspot.com/
Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists, www.memoryjournalists.com.