Step aside crostini, kabobs are taking over! Vendage & Co. catering has recognized kabobs as the top food trend for 2016. Kabobs are meat, fish, vegetables, fruits (or all of the above) roasted or grilled on a skewer.
We love the versatility of these stick(y) eats. Just like crostini, they are easy to eat, easy to mingle with, and can be savory or sweet! Kabobs are hitting the wedding scene as appetizers during the popular cocktail hour and even as main dishes. The array of available flavor combinations makes them appealing to brides looking to please all types of wedding guests. Even kids love these fun-to-eat treats.
Check out these featured kabobs from Vendage & Co.
- Grilled Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken and Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon.
- Kefta: Middle Eastern Spice Ground Sirloin Kabobs with Handmade Persian Naan and Cucumber-Yogurt.
- Grilled Watermelon with Mint, Shallots and Thai Bird Chilies
- Mesquite Grilled Prawns with Chimichurri
- Fruit Kabobs with Honeyed Greek Yogurt Dip
We’ll take one of each, please!
For more kabob 411, log on to vendageandco.com.
Photos courtesy of Rachel Valley Photographer.
Tune into the Real Weddings Blog for more awesome tips !
Blog post by Real Weddings Magazine’s writer, Kelley Saia.
Subscribe to the Real Weddings Magazine Blog! Click here: